I grew up on a dairy farm where the road ends in the wilds of North Dakota. Living that far from civilization I developed, perhaps unexpectedly, an early love of stories and drawing from zillions of books and animated movies that we had stockpiled. Growing up I was taught a prodigious work ethic and the value of different perspectives and artistic disciplines and during college I studied music, writing, dance, interior design, and 3D modeling, graduating in 2014 from Minnesota State University Moorhead with a BFA in Illustration and a minor in music. Because of this I’ve had the nimbleness to take on an extremely broad range of projects, media, and styles. Since graduation I have been working as freelance designer and illustrator on projects including:
- Diegetic Illustration for film and television (Sun Dogs, The Play Nintendo Show, The Fosters, Saint Judy).
- Children’s book covers and illustrations.
- Character design.
- Fine art.
- Graphic design for personal branding, identity, and signage.
- Scientific illustration for university genetics classes and a scientific reference book on whole grains.
- Illustrating a coloring book on infant/parent oral preventative healthcare.
- Costume design for a contemporary production of the ballet Giselle.
In 2015 I mounted a solo move to Los Angeles where I can be found sketching and scheming at every possible moment.
If you would like to get in touch or talk about a project or collaboration drop me an e-mail at email@example.com